After narrowly missing out on pole in qualifying, Dick Johnson and co-driver John Bowe beat a host of extremely capable challengers to win the 1989 Tooheys 1000 in their Shell Ultra-Hi Sierra. The win was Johnson’s 2nd Bathurst 1000 victory and the win, along with the esteem in which the #17 DJR Sierra would ultimately be held in by the international motor racing community, instantly locked the car in as a fan favourite, and 30 years on, still holds a special place in many people’s hearts.
This Dick Johnson Racing Sierra RS500 #17 t-shirt features the famous racecar number as it appeared on the car livery to the front, as well as the Dick Johnson Racing logo to the nape of the neck. A soft and lightweight t-shirt, with the right amount of stretch. It’s comfortable and flattering for all.
• 100% combed and ring-spun cotton (Heather colours contain polyester)
• Heather colours are 52% combed and ring-spun cotton, 48% polyester
• Athletic Heather is 90% combed and ring-spun cotton, 10% polyester
• Fabric weight: 4.2 oz (142 g/m2)
• Pre-shrunk fabric
• Side-seamed construction
• Shoulder-to-shoulder taping